Dumbell Side Bend
By far one of the best ab exercises to get rid of your love handles.
- Hold a dumbbell in the hand of the opposite side you are training
- Bend to the side, without any forward or backward motion
- On each side complete 10 reps for 3 sets to target the fat on your love handles
Kneeling Cable Crunch
- Attach a rope to a high pulley cable machine
- kneel below the rope attachment, and hold the rope until your hands are placed next to your face
- Exhale as you contract your core and bend down, holding for 1-2 seconds
- Complete 10 reps for 3 sets to get your abs shredded!
Leg Pull-in Knee-up
This core exercise targets your lower abs and lower back.
- Lie flat with hands under your buttocks
- Keep your knees together and pull them in towards you while moving your torso towards them
- Hold, and then slowly return to starting position
- Complete 10 reps for 3 sets to target that stubborn lower belly fat!
These are fantastic for building rotational core strength
- Lie on your back on the floor and raise your legs 90 degrees, with your knees bent
- Spread your arms straight out to your sides for support
- Rotate your legs to one side, stopping short of touching the floor. Rotate to the other side
- When using a cable pulley, set the pulley unit to a low position
- Grip the stirrup of the cable
- position your body so that you're perpendicular to the pulley unit, with your feet set just wider than your hips and your knees and hips slightly flexed
- Extend your hips and knees as you twist your torso away from the pulley while keeping your arms straight, driving your hands upward and across your body so that you finish with your hands over your shoulder.
- lowly twist back, flexing your hips and knees and keeping your arms straight as your hands move down and across your body and return to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets to 10 reps on each side.
Swiss Ball A Pike Press
- Get into a push-up position, resting the tips of your feet on a swiss ball
- Keep your legs straight behind you
- Bend your hips and pull your feet towards your chest, allowing the ball to roll forward. Hold.
- Slowly roll back to the starting position and then continue rolling forward and backwards for 10 reps for 3 sets.
Swiss Ball Crunch
- First, lie supine over the Swiss ball, with your head resting back on the ball and your back curved over the ball
- Ensure that your tongue is in the physiological rest position, which is where it is on the roof of the mouth, just behind the front teeth
- Then, curl up from the head, one vertebrae at a time until the rectus abdominis is fully contracted. Slowly reverse the curl, ending with the neck and head